DIY: Floral Crown
A chic bohemian bride isn’t complete without a floral crown. Just ask Natalie Portman, Keira Knightley or our S/S 2013 cover bride, Joanne.
Floral crowns, depending on the bride’s style, range from small and dainty to large and statement-making. While a fresh crown is a great investment, a silk flower crown can be passed down for generations.
Turn heads with this simple DIY floral crown, perfect for a romantic boho bride.
- Flowers in various sizes and colors
- Heavy craft wire
- Floral wire
- Floral tape
- Sharp scissors
- Shape and twist heavy craft wire into the desired size for your crown. Consider leaving an inch or two of space because the addition of flowers will make the headband smaller.
- Cut a flower at the stem. Using floral wire, tightly wrap the stem around the crown. Seal with floral tape.
- Continue doing this for all the flowers until crown is complete.
- Add small flowers or accents to fill in any gaps.