DIY: Ring Bearer Pillow Book
We love ring pillow alternatives, and one of our favorites is the ring bearer pillow book.
The book (usually vintage or sentimental) has a secret inner carving that keeps your wedding rings safe, perfect for vintage or rustic weddings. The best part is it’s probably one of the easiest DIY projects you can add to your to-do list.
Take a leaf out of our book with this step-by-step guide to creating your own alternative ring pillow.
- Book (ours is via Liberty Book Store)
- X-Acto or utility knife
- Decorative ribbon
- Using your ruler, measure and draw a square (size according to your preferences) at least an inch away from the book’s outer edge. We chose a square for simplicity, but you can choose other shapes such as a heart or diamond.
- With your X-Acto or utility knife, cut out the square.
- Using the first square as a template, continue cutting out squares until the cut-out is about an inch deep.
- Go back and clean up any uneven edges.
- Tie the cut pages of the book together using decorative ribbon. We made a few extra loops to ensure security. Make a knot or bow according to your preferences.
- Weave a second smaller piece of lace through your first tie to hold the rings.
- For a special touch, we added lace details to the book’s binding with hot glue and straight pins.
- The final product: