As a dessert fanatic, I never really understood the concept of choosing just one wedding cake. How could you possibly please all 200 guests with one flavor of cake and frosting?
Naturally, I was ecstatic when the idea of different flavored tiers came along, but it appears the wedding world has done one better: multiple wedding cakes. Now, you can have cakes of all shapes, sizes, designs and flavors at your reception.
Some ideas for a cake table include:
- Utilize the same theme or color scheme for each cake
- Unstack a classic tiered cake and display on separate stands
- Surround one main cake with displays of cut pieces
- Serve both round and square cakes
- Decorate each cake differently
- Give each cake a special topper
Photo: June Bug Company
Photo: The Caketress Blog
Photo: KT Merry