The catering experts at the Viceroy Miami have seen plenty of weddings—the hotel’s rooftop ultra-lounge FIFTY (below) is one of the city’s most popular spots for saying “I do”—and with them, plenty of trends. Some, like tiered cakes and tuxes, are here to stay, while others—is the traditional sign-in book still a thing?—are on their way out.
Image via Viceroy Miami
Want to know if what you’re planning is fabulous or a faux pas? Viceroy Miami’s catering team share what they’re seeing more of—and what they’re saying good-bye to—when creating dream weddings for South Florida brides and grooms.
Image via Daniel Boone Photography
- * Wedding hashtags (used on invitations, gift bags, signage, and take-home gifts for easy viewing on social media)
- * Monograms, from the invitations to the cake
- * Mr. & Mrs. cake toppers
- * Elegant cake slices in decorative boxes as take-home gifts
- * Designated selfie spots
- * Square reception tables
- * Cell phone charging stations
- * Jenga blocks for weddings guests to sign
Image via Easy Weddings
- * Round tables
- * Sit-down-dinner receptions
- * Bridal party tables
- * Tossing the bouquet
- * Wearing & tossing a garter
- * Tall floral arrangements as centerpieces
We want to know! Will any of these trends be making an appearance on your wedding day?